Wednesday, August 5, 2009

National Night Out!

Last night we ended up with a spontaneous night out. We went to National Night Out at Target off west Shaw, not far from where we live. Honestly, sad to say, I had never heard of this annual event. Papa Vaughn was going out to it for work as he was set to take pictures of the Air National Guard booth so I decided the kids and I would join him. They had police cars, firetrucks, an ambulance, swat truck and the air national guard training seat to climb in and explore. There were FREE hot dogs, sodas, chips, coloring books, stickers and face painting. A very fun event! Unfortunately when we got there, Papa Vaughn had already left to go back to the Air base to help with the media regarding a fire that broke out there just as the event started. With Papa not there with his camera I only had my camera phone to chronicle the outing. At least I got a few fun shots.

Sitting in the trainer for the planes


Standing in the back of the Swat truck





Boopy really liked driving the police car.



We ran into our neighbors Shannen and Noah. Noah had fun hanging out with the kids.


No comments: