Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where oh where did my blog go?

Oh my has it really been since September since I wrote a blog post?  Oh my...goodness.  Well, now since it's nearly February 2010 (!), I think I better catch up.  What's crazy is that I really truly love keeping a blog of our family events.  Life just got too crazy I couldn't keep up and then before I knew it, there was too much to catch up on and it was nearly February!  So, without further ado - the crazy adventures of Big Boy & Boopy have returned!

One of the most exciting things that happened to finish off 2009 was that big Boy turned 6!!!!  I can't help but sound like every other parent out there when I say that I can't believe how fast the time has gone!  While five was a big deal, I think that 6 is even bigger.  Big Boy is in kindergarten now and it's so great to see how much he has grown in maturity and learning.  Being 6 means that you need TWO hands to show how old you are and it really really means you are a Big Boy now.  :)  He is SO excited to be six.  This year for his birthday we chose to do a party at Gymnastic Beat where the kids attend gymnastic classes once a week.  It was a great idea since it gave both the adults and kids to have a great time play to their hearts content.  For the party we had the entire gym to ourselves which was really cool to be able to try out all the equipment.  After our time was up we invited everyone back to our house for cake, pizza and presents.  Really a great way to celebrate Big Boy and to start off the new year!

The kids LOVE this trampoline and LOVED that they could jump all they wanted on it!

 Big Boy showing off some of the things he's learned in class

Even Papa Vaughn got into the action.


 
 The kids took turns trying to learn some new "tricks" - cartwheels, backwards rolls, etc.
 
 

  

  

Big Boy got to spend plenty of time on the rope, swinging and climbing to the top - his favorite activity at the gym.

Well, that's about it from the gym....have to get to bed so I'll save pics from the rest of the party for my next "resurrected" blog post.  :)

2 comments:

Aunt Kat said...

Oh my gosh! An update!!!!!

Anne said...

Geesh it's about time!! Glad you are back to the land of the bloggers!