Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Birthday Party for Jesus!

Tuesday, Dec 11th, I took a wonderful vacation day to spend with the kids. As you know from the post below, we went and took our Santa pictures, but what inspired me to take the day was a birthday party for Jesus being held by the Moms group at People's Church. I have been attending the Mom's group once a month for their evening Cafe Night. Because this was a daytime event I hadn't planned on being able to join in, but then I figured that I have vacation days so why not use one and spend the day with the kids.

The party was fun and such a neat idea! We had our picture taken, enjoyed a puppet show, had a reading of the nativity story, ate yummy cupcakes and then let the kids enjoy some playtime in the classrooms. Since Boopy had a cold and was feeling rather shy about being left somewhere she didn't know without her brother, I kept her with me during the "Moms" time. All the moms got to enjoy a nice brunch and guest speaker after the kids went to the classrooms.

I didn't take a ton of pictures as usual at the party as it was a bit chaotic with Moms and kids all over and my battery was low, but without further ado, here are some to share!

(From left to right) Michelle, Mikayla, Boopy, Kristen, Grant, Danny, Mama Vaughn, Big Boy (not sure who the kid standing is) I was pleased that Kristen and her boys decided to join us! I'm hoping she'll come along to some of the other events next year!

Mikayla was so nice to let Boopy play with her doll.

Boopy insisted on leading Danny out to the cars when it was time to leave.

No comments: