Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Tea!

As in years past the Christmas Tea was full of fun and Christmas cheer for all that attended! This year's theme was "Elves". Looking back, I wish I picked something else, merely for the sake of finding things to decorate with. Elves were nowhere to be found in the stores this year. Which in hindsight, I suppose is rather appropriate as elves are the workers behind the scenes of Christmas. So with that train of thought, I explained this year that the elves would also be missing from the tea as they must be busy getting ready for Christmas Eve. Besides the point of the chairity cause this year was simply to support and encourage the soliders far from home and therefore we could be like the elves, unseen workers preparing for Christmas. I haven't come up with my theme for next year, but I'm thinking it will be something easier to find for decorating purposes. Since I couldn't find elves to spread around the house, I pulled out little bits of Christmas from each previous theme the past 9 years I've held the tea. The ladies attending didn't seem to mind. :)


Everyone enjoyed social time with tea and munchies. I only tortured everyone with two thinking games this year. Not too bad! :)


As usual, the ladies were very generous with their donations! Blue Star Moms will be able to put together some great packages for the troops overseas! Thanks everyone!

As for Big Boy and Boopy, well they couldn't hang out with Papa Vaughn as he had Drill out at the base, seeing that it was the first weekend of the month. Things worked out wonderfully though as Boopy went down for her nap at 12:30 just prior to people showing up at 1:00. She slept beautifully until 3:30! Yeah, Boopy! Big Boy hung out downstairs and was a very big helper! He took pencils around for me and helped in the present unwrapping game. I was very proud of him for being such a good sport and helping out!

Brandi let Big Boy help out when it was her turn to open a present. Boopy enjoyed the leftover stickers from our card making activity. She made her appearance at the end of the tea and got to share her silly smile with everyone.

Me with my wonderful dear friends Jennifer and Michelle.

The kiddos and me.

No comments: