Sunday, August 3, 2008

My son....the STREAKER!

So tonight just after I had just finished getting Big Boy out of his bath and walked into his room to get him dressed when I heard the doorbell ring. I peaked out his window which thankfully overlooks the front door and saw a handful of my neighbors standing in my driveway. Apparently my sprinklers had busted and my front driveway had become a swimming pool. With no time to even think about getting Big Boy dressed, I ran downstairs. I first shut off the automatic sprinklers and then went out front where we could still here water running. I ran back through the house and to the backyard to see where it was coming from. With some help from my wonderful neighbors and their friends we were able to shut off the sprinkler value that was gushing water everywhere.

So, anyway, back to my poor kids whom I abandoned upstairs. At first they had been nicely peering out the bedroom window talking to some of the neighbors. By the time that we shut off the value, however, I found both kids outside with everyone. Now this wouldn't normally be a problem, but due to the recent bath activity Boopy was already dressed but Big Boy wasn't. Oh, how I wish I had my camera handy because my happy naked child began streaking the neighborhood. His little skinny white body just gleefully bouncing around our long front driveway waving at all the neighbors. He thought this was great! I literally and I mean literally, had to chase him inside all while threatening to pinch his cute little butt cheeks. Awww... the joys of being 4 1/2 and free, really really free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't take any pictures?? Glad you got to spend some time with Papa!