Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lack of Posts

I'd love to come on here and tell you all how busy we've been and how that equates to my lack of time to post. In reality though, it's finally slowed down in our lives the past couple of weeks that I've been able to just sit back, relax and work slowly on reclaiming my house after the holiday madness. That and enjoy fun time, like going to the zoo and gymnastics with Big Boy and Boopy. And while I still haven't posted any Christmas pictures or the really fun Snow Day we took on Jan 1st, I've kinda enjoyed my self imposed break from blogging. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE blogging. I blog for me and the hope that anyone that wants to read our little family blog enjoys a peak into our lives, but it was nice to kinda force myself away from the computer and focus on home. That said, there will still be a lack of current posts this next week, but not due to my self imposed blogging vacation.
Big Boy, Boopy and I are packing up and heading up to the freezing cold Pacific Northwest to meet the newest family addition that joined the Prohaska clan in October. Baby Alex "Theo" will be baptized on Sunday with almost all his family there as witnesses. Due to the cost of plane tickets and Papa Vaughn's work schedule, we'll unfortunately be leaving him behind. At least he'll have some great weather to enjoy as the sun is currently shining and it's warmed up to the mid 60's. Me and the kids, however, are packing gloves, scarves, and piles of clothes to layer us up and stay warm in the 40 degree weather we'll be enjoying. I can't help that we've been enjoying the early spring fever here in central California! Regardless of weather though, we're really looking forward to meeting little Alex and getting a chance for the cousins to play together, sure makes me wish we all lived closer in proximity. That certainly doesn't mean that you'll catch me wanting to move north any time soon, it is pretty up there but way too cold for me! (And yes, I know Aunt Kat, cold is relative since you're dealing with even colder temperatures in Connecticut and you too Grandma in Virginia!)
So enjoy the weekend and know that yes, posts are forthcoming. Just think, I'll have even more to share when we return!

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Have a great trip! We'll be here when you get back. :)

Anonymous said...

It's not that cold here in CT. We're going to warm all the way up into the mid 30's later this week :-) Enjoy Washington and tell the other side of the family I said hi!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels! (It's been almost 60 degrees in Weaverville everyday
for two weeks--strange but nice!)

Gayle said...

Wow, Aunt Jeannine - Weaverville weather does sound nice! It actually ended up being really nice in Washington. The one time it rained was in the evening and we were home for the night. It was nice not to freeze afterall!

Aunt Kat - All I have to say is that your weather sucks!

Ann-Marie - thanks for the kind words - looking forward to the next Moms group that I can attend!