Friday, January 30, 2009

We made it!

Just a quick note to let you all know we made it safe and sound to Grandma & Grandpa Prohaska's in Washington! The kids had flown before but it'd been quite some time (big Boy was 2.5 and Boopy was 6 months) so I doubt they remember it. I wasn't too sure how they'd do, although they are great travelers so I wasn't too worried. Boopy is a bit loud at times and I was more worried about her bothering other passengers with her talking than them being rowdy. They made me quite pleased and handled everything beautifully! I really couldn't have asked for better kids! Aside from the fun adventure of cramming all 3 of us into the teeny tiny airplane bathroom, the trip was a breeze!

While I obviously already have taken a ton of pictures so far, I only have a few cell phone pictures to share for now.

I let the kids each load their own backpacks for the plane. Big Boy came downstairs with a VERY full backpack, two trucks in hand AND his very large city scene play rug. I did have to explain that the rug was a bit too big to take on the plane.

Here we are having a snack while we waited to board. I had us there a couple hours early to the Sacramento airport so we had plenty of time to eat and watch airplanes.

All buckled in and ready for take off! Big Boy loved looking out the window while we took off then took advantage of the late time flight (we left at 7:55pm and got to Seattle at 9:45pm) and fell asleep after the snack and drink. Boopy just wanted to color and be read to after that. Honestly a wonderful flight with my super travelers!

Hope you're all doing well! We'll be sure to share more of our fun adventures soon!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Glad you made it. I'm exhausted just thinking about a plane trip with Colson, so I'm very impressed that your kids did so well!