Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend 09

Our Memorial weekend was wonderful! No real plans and no true agenda to be had. And while there were many chores that should have been done around the house, we really didn't do any of it. We spent most of the weekend playing, hanging out, sleeping in (a bit) and generally enjoying being a family. It was wonderful!

Saturday, Papa Vaughn participated in a motorcycle ride in the morning with a group from the base for a fundraiser. It finished with a small bbq that we joined him for. After that we spent the afternoon at home. Boopy decided that she needed to freshen up her "make-up" getting into my powder. While she's generally a totally tomboy, it's fun to see that she has her "girly" side too.





She's such a little poser - I think I've got her hooked on my camera, unlike Big Boy who often makes me chase him to get his picture - hence the fact that this blog post has many more Boopy photos than Big Boy shots.





We went from putting on make-up to her room where I had to play "Polly Pocket" with her. She got some for her birthday and just loves them. If they weren't such tiny pieces that I'm sure are going to get lost all over the house, I might love them more for what they do to her imagination.
Showing off her room and her "Polly Pocket" clothes.






We did manage to peal Big Boy away from Papa and cartoons with the enticement of a popsicle and chalk in the front yard. While I totally miss the tiny baby he once was, I love the big kid he's become and his independence.


Boopy had me trace her hands for her.



In true kid fashion, and in honor of Peter Pan, they played with their shadows for a bit.



We rounded out our afternoon with some fun backyard fun too.










As for Sunday, well I literally didn't leave the house at all. It was marvelous! Papa and the kids ran a few errands. Papa got the lawn mower working again and put it too good use. I did do laundry, which wasn't so fun - I never tire of hating laundry - it's the chore that NEVER ends... Anyway, that was our Sunday.

As for Monday, the holiday, we lazed around in the morning, got ourselves together for the afternoon and spent it hanging out at the zoo. I didn't bring my camera but did catch a few pics on my cell phone. Oh by the way if you look closely in the picture below take notice of Boopy's shoes. my nice responsible Big Boy was offered his flip flops or his tennis shoes to where to roam the zoo. He appropriately chose the tennis shoes. Boopy on the other hand insisted on her dress shoes because she considers them her "princess" shoes and we all know she's quite the princess. So, yes, she was the one tromping around climbing on everything at the zoo in her dress shoes from Auntie Jenn's wedding.



We finished the day off with a family walk around the block, some play time with the neighborhood kids and getting ourselves ready for the rest of the week when we have to go back to the real world of alarm clocks and chores that can't be ignored. Here's hoping that you all had a relaxing and fun filled 3 day weekend!

1 comment:

Darren said...

Boy for not having any plans this weekend you sure managed to stay busy! Of course so did we. I'm looking forward to work this week for a break!