Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Outdoor Adventures - Up, up and away!

Sorry for the delay (again) in blogging. While we haven't technically had major plans lately, I have been staying rather busy with my photography sessions. This has been great, but it does take away from my pics of the kids and time to blog about them. So this past weekend I did make sure to take Saturday "off" and we played as a family. We spent time at gymnastics in the morning and then went straight to the movies to see "UP". Highly recommend it by the way, very sweet movie.

Anyway, nice day of just hanging out, had lunch out and spent the afternoon snooping around the deals at Gottschalks. Since the weather was still so nice when we got home in the late afternoon/early evening, we let the kids loose in their favorite place - the backyard. They are so my kids in some ways - they both run around everywhere barefoot. If my feet could be naked year round and not freeze, they would be! So with the kids playing I had to play too, so I grabbed my camera and tortured them a bit. At least this time, Big Boy was a very willing subject!






Yes, they are quite acrobatic! My flying "Peter Pan" kids!



Boopy was funny - being barefooted and all she stepped down and shrieked when she stepped on something wiggly. Once she saw it was just a little worm she kept talking about how cute it was and how she just loved it!



Papa helped them put the worm in a much safer place rather than directly under the swings.








Had a little fun playing with some settings on my camera and managed to get a few fun evening shots.





Hope life has been treating you all well. While I've still got more pictures to edit, don't worry, I'll still keep trying to get over here and update you all on our adventures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment just to leave a comment. Should I go with the interweb tradition and just say "Frist!"?

Kathlea said...

Real comment: Those are some amazing pics of the kids. And I like the evening shots.