Monday, October 22, 2007

Bike Ride & Bedtime

Today ended up being a beautiful fall day and actually quite warm. By the time I got home around 5:30 pm it was in the high 70's. Perfect weather for a family bike ride! Besides, we better enjoy the last bit of evening sunlight that we have before we change our clocks back. When I drove up to the house I was greeted by two adorable creatures peddling around on tricycles. Well, okay, Boopy was walking, but sitting nonetheless on Big Boy's Cars tricycle. After a quick change of clothes we were all ready for an evening bike ride. Big Boy rode his blue Giant tricycle and Boopy rode in the child seat on the back of my bike.

I wish I'd had a camera with me on my ride as Big Boy rides so well and is so proud of himself. He knows to stop at the end of the sidewalk and wait for cars and Mama & Papa Vaughn to tell him it's okay to go. We let him decide which direction and take turns who leads the pack. He gets quite chatty as we ride always making sure that Papa or Mama don't get too far ahead or too far behind. He likes it when we pretend that we're going to catch him from behind and shouts out, "Oh no! It's a Mama! Go, Papa, Go!" Funny kid! Boopy just rides along peacefully. That is except for the occasions she feels the need to lift my shirt and tickle my back! She really likes waving and saying "Hi" to people and cars that we pass. All and all a very fun family evening.

Boopy getting ready to go for a ride and trying her daredevil tricks on brothers bike.


Big Boy, who is quite the helper these days, felt compelled to check out Mama's bike to make sure it was okay for our ride. After his approval we were set to go!


I couldn't resist a photo of story time this evening. Boopy had to be sure to join in tonight and just had to flash her "cheese" face at me. Cute little Boopy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.