Thursday, September 11, 2008

Always playing catch-up!

So as usual, we've been staying busy. This past weekend, as noted earlier, we went back over to Vegas with the intention of helping Guya & D move. Papa Vaughn was already there for the Photoshop World Conference so the kids and I left Friday night after I got off work. They did pretty good for me. It helps that we now have the use of a DVD player which our neighbor bequeathed us when she got a new car with built in ones. Thanks Shannen! Anyway, we rolled in around 1:00 am got to sleep and I headed out to a quick photo session at 9:oo for Guya's friend. After that it was all about playing and hanging out since Guya & D didn't end up getting the keys for the new house due to more paperwork to be done. Gotta love the troubles of buying a new house. I'm sure it will all work out and I hope we can make it back over to help paint and decorate. As for Sunday, I had another photo shoot in the morning, then we had lunch all together at the outlets and heading on our merry way home.
This week we officially started our fall schedule. The weekly neighborhood bible study I attend started back up last night. The kids had a ball hanging out with neighbor, "Grandpa" Randy, since Papa had to work. Today was Big Boy's first day at speech class. He's going to a local elementary school every Thursday, 9:00-10:30am, to attend a preschool class with the speech therapist. The curriculum will be especially designed for kids like Big Boy, who are delayed in their speech to help them work on expressing themselves with words everyone can understand. He's currently in the class that works with learning words and speaking them but may get moved to the Monday class that focuses more on the phonetics if he seems to be need more work that way.
While I was bummed I couldn't take and pick him up on his first day, I did get to get reacquainted with the speech therapist in charge a couple of weeks ago. Denise was his therapists when we started out getting him help 2 years ago. I loved her energy and way with Big Boy then, so I know this will be a good experience for him. For now, I know "Teacher" Sam, our nanny, who has helped make it all possible for Big Boy to take advantage of this class, had fun taking Big Boy to school and having some one on one time with Boopy. For the sounds of it, he had a great time, walked right in and started playing like a big kid. I'm sure he's going to love being back in a setting with other kids, even if the session is small and limited to 6 kids.
As for the rest of the week, along with friends "Mother" Michelle & "Big Anne", I'm hosting a bridal shower for Auntie Jenn at our house this Saturday. We're looking forward to spoiling Jenn and enjoying the fact that the long awaited wedding is right around the corner. We need to get Boopy practicing for being the flower girl. For now if you ask her she tells you she's going to be in Auntie Jenn's wedding and carry flowers. And that she's going to be happy. I'll be there camera in hand to catch whatever she decides to do in October.
That's about it for now. Bridal showers, lots of pictures to edit and continuing in on project "Operation Room Change" will keep us busy through the weekend. Oh by the way, I did get Five and Kathie's family session finished. Hop over to my photo blog to view more than what I put in the trip teaser. I'm still working on Guya & D's as well as the plethora of snapshots throughout the week.

No comments: