Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Zoo Trip

This past Sunday, we took advantage of our wonderful family gift from Uncle Five, Aunt Kathie & Jakub and spent a couple hours at the zoo. I wasn't a good mama and didn't bring my camera along this time so I don't have pictures to share. I will share however, about the kids favorite animals. The biggest draw to going to the zoo was the chance to see MONKEYS! Currently, and perhaps due to the receiving of stuffed sock monkeys, monkeys have become the kids favorite animals. They can't get enough. They even love listening to my soundtrack from the Curious George movie, specifically asking for the "oh-ah-ah" song (that being the sound a monkey makes). Anyhow, we were in luck that the monkeys were hanging out ride at the front of the fence climbing and swinging all about. The kids had a ball!

Another favorite of the day for Boopy was, oddly, the antelope. She loved them! Not sure why, but antelope has become a popular word in her fast growing vocabulary. Both kids really enjoyed the reptile room, especially the snakes. Hopefully they won't stay too attached to these creatures as I don't think I could ever handle having a pet snake in our house. Big Boy especially liked the parrots, as they reminded him of pirates.

Overall, a fun visit and a nice relaxing family day. Thanks again, Five, Kathie and Jakub!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you all made it to the zoo! We were thinking of going on Monday, but it's a bit too cold here.