Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Wonderful Day, What the Holidays are About!

While I have a lot still to catch you up on, I want to share pictures from one of my favorite days ever! A week ago, last Tuesday, Dec 9th, I took a random vacation day to spend with my kids. It was the annual Mom's group "Birthday party for Jesus" at People's Church. I was actually asked to help take pictures of the moms and kids that attended, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I asked "Teacher" Sam, who watches the kids for us, to come along to help my kids to enjoy the actual party. The kids had a great time listening to the puppet show and the story of the silent night. They even got little cupcakes and sang "happy birthday" to Jesus. Afterwards they went and played in one of the school classrooms and all the moms got to enjoy a lovely brunch. It made for a wonderful morning.

Mikayla and Boopy

I asked Big Boy and Boopy to hold hands. Big Boy is getting to that stage. He wipes of kisses, doesn't want to hold hands and acts like such a boy....ugh, I thought this wouldn't happen for a while. Ultimately he did cave and held Boopy's hand for a short while.

Story time and cupcakes

As for the afternoon, I figured I'd spend time with the kids shopping and then making cookies. We shopped a bit a Target and they enjoyed looking at all the toys. Sam met us their with my friend and coworker's son, Rocky, who she also watches in the afternoons at my house. Anyway, I suggested she leave Rocky with me that afternoon and enjoy the afternoon off which gave her a chance to work on some school appointments. Anyway, the kids and I left Target to head home for an afternoon of fun. We ended up picking up Rocky's sister, Gaby, from her daycare on the way home since she'd had an accident and didn't have any change of clothes. This only increased our level of fun!
First the kids painted pictures, while I pulled out the cookie making stuff.

Then Kristen and her boys, Danny & Grant came over for a visit and joined in the cookie baking fun. (Which was great, since I realized I was a little bit crazy doing the cookie baking with 4 kids by myself!)

Excuse Boopy's hairdo - she insisted on putting in her hair clip herself.

Natalie got to my house for her 2 kids just in time to help decorate the cookies, which was a lot of fun! Here's the finished product!

After cookies, we just hung out, ate pizza and I played with the camera. I helped take some Christmas pictures of Danny & Grant and after which my little ham, Boopy, wanted her picture taken! She's such a little cheese!

I did manage a nice picture of my two kiddos.

Big Boy didn't want Boopy to kiss him, but he was willing to kiss her, especially when he figured out he could antagonize her with his kisses! Oh, sibling fun.
The 3 musketeers - Big Boy, Danny, Boopy



All in all, a wonderful fun, friend filled day full of the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I love the one where your son is leaning as far away as he can from his sister! Thank you very much for all of your hard work that day. All of the Mommy and Me portraits look beautiful. I'm mailing them out this week!

Dawn T said...

Thanks for sharing that day with us :) You did a lot on your day "off".