Friday, December 12, 2008

This might be a challenge for Santa....

We've been prepping the kids for Santa Claus and the magic of what Christmas morning brings. In preparation we've been asking them what they want for Christmas and explaining if they see stuff they like they need to put it on their Christmas list and ask Santa. Darren's requests have stayed pretty much the same. He saw a firetruck he like in an ad for shopping the day after Thanksgiving and had to show it to everyone! This was definitely something he was going to add to his Christmas list. As of today, a firetruck is pretty much the only thing he says he wants. Pretty easy request for Santa.
Boopy on the other hand, has a list that might just be a challenge for Santa. When you ask her what she wants for Christmas, this is what she says, "I want a kitchen, a trampoline, a hippopotamus, pencils and that's enough." Yes, Boopy, I think that's enough. While I'm pretty sure Santa can handle the kitchen, trampoline and pencils, I'm just not sure that he can fit a hippopotamus in his sleigh. I guess I should thank Teacher Sam who watches the kids for sharing the "All I want for Christmas" song!
(Sorry the video is so dark - it's not dark at all like this on my cell phone. It is a new phone though so many there's some adjustments I need to learn. Either way, you get the idea!)

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! I think Santa can find a tiny hippo???

Gayle said...

Hi Dawn! Yep - I think Santa might just find a tiny hippo. My coworker actually found a cute plush one at Kohl's as part of their "kids care" deal for only $5! Boopy may just end up with a couple hippo choices! :)

Unknown said...

I guess Uncle Chris and Auntie Jenn will NOT be stopping by Kohls again. (We had already gotten one for another friend, and thought Miss Caitlyn would like it.) Back to the drawing board!

Gayle said...

Thanks anyway, Uncle Chris! I guess the shopping doesn't end for you, huh! I'm sure any other hippo related material would be enjoyed!

Unknown said...

We'll be different - like an aardvark or something. I'm sure there's gotta be a Christmas song about aardvarks! Right??? :)

PS: Auntie Jenn still does not have a Facebook page.