Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

Yesterday we headed out to Cobb's Christmas Tree Farm to pick out our Christmas tree. Unlike the last couple of years we managed to have time to go during the day and were therefore able to cut down our own tree. The kids really enjoyed getting to help Papa with the saw.

Hunting for the perfect tree.

We found it and a little sibling love!

Boopy REALLY wanted to help cut the tree the whole time.

She did let Big Boy have a try and then had to try again by herself.

Big Boy checking out the cutting progress.

Boopy seriously thought she could help lift and carry the tree by herself. As it ended up, I nearly tripped on her walking since she had to touch the tree most of the way to the netting and loading section!

Boopy went with me to pay for the tree while Big Boy and Papa got it loaded on the top of my car. She enjoyed all the decorations they had on display and after I asked her to take a picture in front of one, she insisted on taking a picture with all of them! She's really become quite the ham for my camera, asking me often to take her picture.

After loading the tree we thought it would be fun to ride the old fashioned fire truck around the farm. Surprisingly, Big Boy was concerned about leaving the Christmas tree and getting it home that he at first didn't want to go. He even went as far as climbing in the car, buckling himself and insisting that, no he didn't want to ride the fire truck. Since Boopy really wanted to ride it, I took her while Papa hung out with Big Boy. Thankfully for Big Boy there was a line to ride it so by the time he decided the tree would be okay and he wanted to come too, the boys made it just in time to catch the last ride of the day with Boopy & me.



1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Those are great! I think we'll start this tradition when Colson is a little older. Can your daughter please teach my son to ask me for pictures????