Sunday, April 12, 2009

Opening Day - Grizzlies!

Last Thursday, in the midst of feeling really crummy from a cold that I had hoped was only allergies, we ventured out to the Opening Day for the Grizzlies. Papa Vaughn got tickets from work as he needed to be there to photograph the Air National Guard Honor Guard preform the flag ceremony for the National Anthem.

I indulged the creatures and got them each an ICEE. Don't quite understand why they don't have child size ICEEs at the ballpark?

If you look close (yes, it would have been much easier and better if I had remembered my telephoto lens) you'll see Papa Vaughn in his uniform crouched down getting ready to take pictures of the honor guard. And no his uniform isn't the orange fuzzy headed person. That happens to be Parker the Grizzlies mascot.

The one shot I managed to get of Big Boy where he wasn't covering his ears from the fireworks. He was showing me how they pitch the ball.

Papa Vaughn showing of the cool camera he gets to play with from work.

Believe it or not, but this great shot was taken by Big Boy! Just think how well he could have done if I'd remembered my telephoto lens!

2 comments:

dagwood928 said...

I love the pictures from the ballpark! Were you using flash? ANyway, I've got work this weekend, so the evil plan will have to wait!

Gayle said...

Thanks Big D! Yes and no on the flash. I was able to go without flash for quite a while. The ones with Papa Vaughn sitting with us are the ones I used my flash.

Ah - I forgot about your make-up drill. You did get him to look up bikes on ebay last night! HeHe