Saturday, April 19, 2008

Big Hat Days

Two weeks ago, it was Drill weekend for Papa Vaughn so the kids and I ventured out to find something fun to do. Well, as luck would have it the weekend happened to be the annual "Big Hat Day" in Clovis. I called the usual friends, Mother Michelle, Auntie Jenn and Anne and we all met out there. Its basically a big craft fair with fun things to look at, good food, and overpriced kid rides. All in all a fun event.
Of course I couldn't go without my camera. While we waited to meet up with Auntie Jenn, we found Mother Michelle, her husband, Jeff and daughter Mikayla, who I've mentioned before. I had fun trying get some cute pictures of the kids together. First we tried my two. For starters, it was VERY windy and VERY bright and sunny. Because of the wind though it started out fairly cool, hence Big Boy's long sleeves. Boopy had a sweater I had already taken off and later I switched Big Boy into short sleeves. Anyway, enjoy the pictures below!

Boopy was a bit of a snob with Mikayla. Not sure why other than it could be that Mikayla is her size and she thinks she's much older than she is. Regardless, the silly girl just sat there, pretending Mikayla was not sitting by her. She even ignored her hat flying off! Hopefully we can convince her that Mikayla is quite fun to play with as I know they have many years of great adventures written for them already!

I did managed to get this adorable picture of the two of them looking at each other. Just so neat knowing that Mother Michelle and I have been friends for going on 20 years!

Big Boy thinks Mikayla is great and enjoyed playing a bit with her while we waited. I'm sure Mikayla probably would be much nicer to Big boy than Boopy can be. Little sisters aren't always the easiest to live with and yes I know because I am one and I have one! (Love you Guya!!)

Mikayla is such a happy sweet little thing - I love this picture I managed to snap of her.

Boopy perked up when her Auntie Jenn and Uncle Chris showed up. I'm hoping Boopy will do a good job for Auntie Jenn when she is the flower girl in their wedding this October!

We did indulge the kids in a few overpriced bounce house moments. The smiles and giggles were well worth it!

We had to go our separate ways after the bounce house time but since I still had some time, Auntie Jenn, Uncle Chris and I let the kids go on the big bounce house obstacle course. Boopy perked up and had to do everything Big Boy did, although she froze at the top of the slide and I had to coax her down. I did get some help from a little girl who helped give Boopy a small little push down.

After playing at "Big Hat Day" the kids took a nap in the car on the way to watch Russell's baseball game and hang out with Anne, Linday, Russell & Diego. I'll post some of the cute pictures from the afternoon later.

No comments: