Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reading time with Elmo!

So, Monday I had a day off from nearly everything. Off of jury duty (for only a week - we should hopefully finish up next week) and off of work. What I wasn't off duty for was my Mom duties, which I don't mind at all! :) I had scheduled a dentist appointment for Big Boy and Boopy's 2 year check-up with the doctor. While the appointment's went fine, fairly routine and not much to report although there was a bit of fun worth sharing while we were waiting.
When Big Boy was back with the dentist, Boopy and I waited out front. The waiting area is so nicely set up for kids. They have a play bus, big books, magnetic letters and large stuffed animals (Elmo, Tigger & Pooh) to play with. I found a magazine to browse and Boopy latched on to the books. With a Dora book in hand, she spotted Elmo and marched right over to him. She grabbed Elmo's head that was flopped over, looked at him and said, "Elmo, wake up! Elmo, wake up!". She climbed up on the seat and set herself up to read "Dora" to Elmo. Too cute! After a fast read, Elmo got to learn letters. Boopy brought the bucket of magnetic letters over to me to help her tell Elmo about them. I would tell Boopy the name of the letter and she would repeat it to Elmo. The funny thing was that Elmo kept flopping over. Booy wasn't impressed by this and would grab him by the eyes, stare in his face and say sternly, "Elmo, look at me! Look at me Elmo!". Not sure where she picks up this stuff....can't imagine where at all....nope...not a clue! ;)

The doctors visit wasn't quite as entertaining, although the kids did have fun jumping on the colored floor tiles. I was told by the first nurse that Boopy was one of the best/easiest two years olds ever. This was after I left her with the nurse for a moment while I took Big Boy to the bathroom. I'm not sure the nurse saw the right child because the Boopy I know tests my patience every step of the way! Seriously though it is nice to know that Boopy is so good for other adults. She did very well for the doctor too. The picture below is of the kids sitting patiently for me to share their goldfish crackers with them. I love that bribery for good behavior comes so cheaply now, I hope it stays that way!

Oh, by the way, for those of you interested, Boopy is 27 1/4 lbs and 34 inches tall. She scores just right about 50% on her height and 55% on her weight. All around healthy kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the two of them sitting in the exam room. J and I played the "alphabet game" during bath time last night, with the letters we got from Aunt Guya:).