Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Like to Move It - Move It!!!

Big Boy and Boopy are obsessed with Madagascar, the movie. The kids and I went with my coworker and friend, Natalie and her kids, Rocky & Gaby a couple of weekends ago to see Madagascar 2. Ever since then Big Boy and Boopy have had to watch our copy of Madagascar (the original). While it is a cute movie, 3 times in one day is almost torture! Although I will say the highlight is at the end when they play the "I like to move it, move it" song and both kids jump up and dance like crazy wild party animals. Big Boy asked me to rewind the ending credits 5 times (REALLY!) just so they could keep dancing. Cause you know, they like to Move It, Move It!
To top off the obsession and prove my point, last night after tucking Boopy in bed and giving her her nightly petting (yes, she refers to rubbing her back and hair as petting - it's awfully cute when she asks you to "please pet me". But then she does think she's an animal), we had the following conversation, seriously.
Boopy: "Goodnight mommy."
Me: "Goodnight Baby Girl. Sleep tight."
As I walked toward the door....
Boopy: "Guess what mommy?"
Me (slightly exasperated by the little girl who has become a master at stalling): "What, Boopy"
Boopy (with a giggle): "I like to Move It Move It!"
And with that she threw the blanket over her head and closed her eyes. Ahhh, the things that come out of that girls mouth....

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

How cute! I always love the stuff Logan says to stall. It's usually about how much he loves me because he's figured out I won't cut short that coversation =)

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a comment but I can't because....I have to MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!!!!!!!