Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

As Boopy told everyone on the phone yesterday, "I am thankful for you!". For all our family & friends, near and far, we love you all and are VERY thankful for you. We hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Thanksgiving (even if some of you ate pizza as opposed to turkey - wrong dear sister, just wrong!) Anyway, we had a lovely and relaxing dinner at Grandpa & Grandma Vaughn's house. We also shared company with GG. Just the right kind of day, easy and low key! Thanks for cooking Grandma Vaughn, I truly enjoyed the break this year especially with my stupid lungs and nose acting out on me.
I did take pictures, of course, but haven't loaded them to the computer yet. When I do, I'll be sure to share.

We joined the insanity that is Black Friday today, which honestly, I really enjoy. While I don't love the crowds and long, long, long lines, I love the hunt of a good bargain. And yes, there were bargains out there that were so worth while, even if we had to take the kiddos out with us. I just didn't feel right asking anyone to come babysit at 3:30 in the morning. So, anyway, we did a lot of shopping for our "cousins and friends", get it? We told the kids if they liked something they could just add it to their Christmas list. And yes, there were items we made very sure that they didn't see. For those Papa and I split up or just one ran in to the store and we covered stuff with blankets. Thankfully the kids we probably too tired to be curious about everything. Not the best way to shop but our kids are troopers. Crazy though that Big Boy stayed awake from 3:40 until our family nap at 1:30 today! Boopy on the other hand, passed out in line at Wal-Mart. (see picture from my cell phone below). Yes, we were one of those that were adventurous enough to brave Wal-Mart. I am thankful that people were very nice in Clovis, unlike the horrible news on AOL's front page of a Wal-Mart worker getting trampled to death - seriously awful!

So, I wish you all a restful rest of the weekend and hope you are starting to get into the Christmas spirit! Which reminds me....for all of you that attend my annual Christmas tea, yes, I'm still having it. Just lost most of November and didn't realize how late it was in the month. I do have my invitations finished (finally) and will be mailing them but, regardless, no invitation is needed, bring a friend and come join me to kick off Christmas on Sunday, Dec 7 at 1:00pm - 3:00ish or whenever. Usual plans, bring a treat of any kind to share, a Christmas idea or story (if you want, not required) and simply enjoy the festivities. If you wish to join in on the charity this year honoring Nutcrackers, I have chosen to help out the school food drive at Riverdale High School. My coworkers, son teaches Ag there and they are in desperate need for help for many of the families there. So, feel encouraged to bring come non-perishable food items. No need to spend more than $5-10. Every little bit helps and pitching it all together can make a small impact an even bigger one. If you would like to come and need my address, please email me or leave a note in the comments. I'd love to have you - the more the merrier!! :)

No comments: