Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting our Christmas Tree!

Don't let the date on this entry throw you off. I started this post on the 30th and am just now getting it finished on Dec 3rd! It's been a busy couple of weeks as you can tell. So anyway, I was bad and skipped bible study last Wednesday night so that we could get our Christmas tree. Thankfully I knew the other ladies would understand. We went to Cobb's to get our tree and at first thought about trying to do the "cut your own tree" thing but you need to do that when there's daylight and since it would basically be up to Papa Vaughn to do it, we figured probably best to wait another year or so until he can have some actual help. Anyhow, we found a nice tree rather easily and got home early enough in the evening to still work on setting up some Christmas decorations. As for the tree "picking" pictures, Papa Vaughn forgot to grab my camera for me so I'm stuck with cell phone pictures. And and by the way we don't normally dress Big Boy in such weird winter attire. Papa Vaughn also forgot a jacket for Big Boy so he was stuck with whatever I had in the car, which was one of my jackets and Boopy's hat. Big Boy didn't seem to mind that he was wearing a jacket dress.

The kids had nearly as much fun helping put up decorations as watching the Christmas tree get tied to the top of my car! Big Boy was such a big helper! He helped carry quite a few boxes of my Christmas village downstairs without even being asked. Then it was all about watching to see what kind of house would come out of the box. Both Big Boy and Boopy are fascinated with the village and LOVE it when all the lights are on.

Then it was time for Papa to bring the tree in and set it up. We only set it up and actually decorated it on Thursday night, which I will blog about later.

First the tree needed a hug.

Papa had to be supervised to make sure he was doing it right. And yes, Boopy is half naked. The tree actually got set up after dinner. She made a major mess and was quite content to remain without a shirt. Crazy girl!


No comments: