Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Update & Weekend Recap

Quick family update - Okay, basically an update on Papa Vaughn. We talked to him earlier today and he is officially being assigned to help at a fire. He will be shipping out to help on the "Telegraph" Mariposa/Yosemite fire. It will be nice to know he's that much closer, but we're not sure that we'll be able to get up to see him. At this point he's expected to be up there for close to 30 days, possibly to Sept 1. It sucks he won't be able to go with me and the kids on the family vacation to visit my family in Washington, but he's excited about helping and the pay is really good, so we'll make due.
This past weekend we got the chance to lay low and have some "quiet" around the house. Saturday afternoon, Big Darren & Carolyn came and watched the kids for me while I photographed a small wedding ceremony. After getting home around 3:30 it was fun and games. Sunday, due to a change of plans we simply stayed home. I didn't even get out of my pjs until mid afternoon and that was just so we could go play in the backyard. It was fabulous! I have some backyard pictures to share later, but until then here's some other fun from the weekend.

The kids LOVE their bounce balls and hop all over the house chasing each other.

While I worked on editing some pictures upstairs in my bedroom, the kids watched Monsters, Inc for the 50 millionth time. I took a brief break and gave the kids horsey rides. When I was tuckered out, Big Boy being the wonderful big brother he is, offered up rides to Boopy. They were too cute playing together. (Excuse the messy bedroom, pile of clothes to fold/hang, etc. - this is generally the room that the door gets closed when guests come over!)



Silly kiddos decided to try to go in the tunnel while riding horsey!

Once tired of horsey rides a game of bed bouncing ensued. Gotta love a good bounce or two. At least my kids are more Tiggers than Eyeores!

No comments: