Thursday, October 9, 2008

Conversations with Boopy

Boopy is a wise and spunky, almost 2 1/2 year old. The things that she says lately, seriously crack me up. Where this girl comes up with these things, I do not know!
So last night after I got home from bible study I ushered the kids to bath time. Boopy had apparently been trying to keep up with the boys while they all played a bit of neighborhood flag football. Papa was home last night from work and watched our kiddos, plus my neighbor's 7 year old while she joined me at the neighborhood bible study. Anyway, Boopy now has a scrapped up elbow and toe. She's fine, but the bath stung a bit too much for her so I threw her in a shower with me to get her all cleaned up. While in the shower she talked to her scrapes on her toe.

"Owie, you okay?"
"We get you nice and clean."
"Owie, you nice and warm now."

After getting out and drying her off, she proceeded to bend herself over and kissed her toe.

"Yay! Owie, you clean!"
"I love you, Owie." (Oh my...)

Then while brushing her teeth we had the usual conversation about her first 2 year top molar that is finally coming in. I tell her to open big so I can see all her pretty teeth.

"My new tooth coming out!!"
"It coming out to give me some more food!" (I've explained that more teeth means she'll be able to eat more food. Not sure how she thinks her tooth will actually give her food)
"Tooth not go away?" (she says this with a concerned quizzically expression as she shakes her head no. I assure her it is here to stay dreading her first loose tooth!)

Then to add to the silliness of the evening, I have to hug and kiss every stuffed animal or toy she has elected to bring with her to bed. So at least Snoopy, Lincoln Log Cowboy figure and a plethora of fake food all know they are loved, just like our crazy little Boopy.

No comments: