Tuesday, October 7, 2008

His very own Pirate Ship!

This weekend we got out and bought the needed top stair gate so that Big Boy could finally sleep in his new bed. He was seriously, SOOOOO excited. Even more so than when we set the bed up the prior weekend. He hasn't been a hard kid to get to go to bed since he was a toddler and Saturday night proved to be no exception. He climbed right up, snuggled down in his sheets and told me good night. Being his first night in the bunk bed and sleeping so high, I was a bit nervous. I was even more nervous when we discovered that the mattress we have for him almost made the rails nonexistent. I stressed to him that he needs to be very careful to not fall off. I dread that kind of emergency room visit.

Before going to bed I wend in to check on Big Boy to make sure he wasn't going to fall out of bed. He was all snuggled in the covers still, helping ease my fear. Oh and don't worry about the ceiling fan. It does hang over the top bunk a bit, but we are keeping it off for now and Papa will be taking it down soon. If you know of any good small blade fans, let me know!

Since Saturday night, Big Boy has slept in his bed with no issues. The change to a new room hasn't phased him one bit. Boopy handled it well too. She went to bed just fine all by herself in her room. Although this past Sunday, I gutted the toys out of Boopy's room, moved Big Boy's toys to his room and got Boopy's room ready for her bed to be put up. I didn't quite get it all done in time to get her bed up all the way, so Papa will help finish it this coming weekend after our Saturday morning yard sale. We do still need to paint, but I'm waiting to get the comforter I want for her bed first. Anyway, in the meantime, Boopy is sleeping in the trundle part of Big Boy's bed. It's a good thing our kids handle change easily!

Oh and as for the pirate ship comment in the title, well, Big Boy has declared his bed a pirate ship. He and Boopy run around saying that the water is coming in and they better climb up to the ship. They've even gone as far as hanging blankets over the side and telling me to pull the rope to hurry and climb up! Too cute. I guess it's a good thing we decided that decorating the walls with pirate pictures would be a good idea! Which by the way I am on the look out for, so if you come across any cute kid type pirate pictures let me know.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

What sweet children you have! I love their imaginations =)

Anonymous said...

So does this mean Big Boy will be celebrating "Talk Like A Pirate Day"? The ONLY reason I know about this day is that it is Sept. 19, one day before my birthday. REALLY, that is the only reason...not that I'd ever talk like a pirate...ARGGG....

Gayle said...

Oh - that's a cool day to know about. I'm sure for Big Boy EVERY day is "talk like a pirate day"! That is our big thing lately - pirates!

Too bad it's not actually on your birthday - you could make it a good reason to have a pirate birthday party!