Monday, February 4, 2008

I won the battle, but I haven't won the war...

Ah, the sleep war rages on....and on... On the nights that Papa Vaughn is working it seems to be a bigger struggle to get Boopy to bed. No matter how forceful or stern I try to be she flat out won't listen. For Papa, however, she'll listen. Sometimes it may take a couple of tries, but she listens. Ugh.

Saturday night, however, I had a minor break through. It was bedtime. Big Boy stayed in his bed and I put Boopy in her bed after story time. I thought all was good until a few moments later Boopy came toddling into my room. After what felt like a million, but was probably only 3 times, of putting her back in her bed, all was quiet again. That is until, a few minutes later as I was folding laundry, I caught a glimpse of Boopy in the corner of my eye. The interesting thing was that this time was she didn't come into my room but instead just stood there at the doorway. I ignored her presence and she didn't push her luck. A moment or two later I glanced toward the doorway and saw the top of her head barely peeking in the doorway on the ground. She had curled up and fallen asleep on the floor.

While I didn't win completely by getting her to stay in her bed, I did win in the sense that she gave up trying to get me to let her stay up and come play in my room. Like many battles this one was a bit exhausting, but I'm glad I held out and wore her down. Perhaps the next battle will be more victorious and she'll actually fall asleep in her bed. Until then I do have the amusement of these pictures to show her in later years!

No comments: