Friday, February 22, 2008

Where, oh where, did she come from?

Seriously....I often have to wonder where this crazy creature came from. In many ways she is SOOO unlike me. Granted she could easily take after Papa Vaughn, but some of the things she does make us both really wonder where she came from.

Take last night for example when I was cooking dinner. Boopy has decided that "helping" in the kitchen is fun and she makes sure to "help" with cooking and washing dishes. Now of course, I know I really shouldn't discourage the help, but when she wants to eat everything as I'm cooking, I find myself wanting to shoo her out of the kitchen. So there I am, preparing dinner and chopping up some green onions. She's brought her little plastic stool that she got from Santa over and is eye level with the counter. She's itching all over to get her hands on dinner and sample everything I have laid out. While everything I had out for dinner is edible in it's own right, some things are just a bit odd to eat alone. Green onions are one of these things. But this is Boopy I'm talking about and so she reached up and swiped some of the green onions from my cutting board and shoved them in her mouth. After a big smile and "yum, yum" she asked for "more onion"! So, yes, she stood there and ate as much plain green onion that I would let her have. I swear if you put a bug in front of her and told her it was food, she'd probably eat it and then ask for more! Please Boopy, please don't end up on Fear Factor some day. That show really grosses me out.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like Uncle Five to me. Not Mama at all.

Anonymous said...

I agree with with Kristen. Check if she likes avocado or grape juice- if so, she's even more adventurous than her uncle:). Boopy's cousin can put away his plates and is learning to sort silverware and stir things on the stove, too.

Gayle said...

Yep - even more adventurous since she loves both grape juice and avocados! Jakub is getting so big! Boopy, Big Boy and him could probably cook us quite the meal if we let them take over the kitchen! Maybe something we should consider for our trip in August! HaHa! ;)

Unknown said...

Watch out for the Chili Powder! Papa Vaughn used almost a whole jar of it when he was fixing tacos for a family dinner.

Anonymous said...

Uh, sounds like Great Uncle David...I have to hide anything and everything that I don't want eaten. (Which is why I have a hidden "chocolate drawer" in my dresser.)