Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Little Carpenters

I didn't realize that by having children, I'd actually be giving myself little house helpers. That is, creatures that "really like to help"! For the most part I don't mind and I'm anxiously awaiting the time that they are expected to help and really share in cleaning up their share of stuff around the house. What I do love is their eagerness to learn and offer help and to want to try it all themselves.
So in an effort to organize the kids room and help in the situation of the ever expanding library they have, we picked up a new bookcase for them on Saturday. Papa Vaughn had to work in the evening so I was going to leave the bookcase for him to put together Sunday morning. But then I got bored with laundry and all the other chores taunting me, so I decided to remind myself how handy I used to be. I opened up the box to review the directions and once I got started I couldn't stop! The kids were so intrigued and couldn't wait to get their hands on the tools. Big Boy actually hammered some of the connectors in for me and then held the sides still for me while I screwed them together. Really a big helper! Boopy wanted to help a little more than i needed but as we all know she thinks she can do anything!

And not to be out done by big brother, Boopy had to give the screwdriver a try.


Always time for a quick game of peek-a-boo! (We finished the bookcase after bath time.)

Finished project!

And because I was able to pull out books we had stored since there was no room, I quickly found the new bookcase filled up. So, I left the old one in the room with all the "Boopy" size books and their coloring stuff.

No comments: