Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a weekend.....

Wow, where to start....We had quite the event filled weekend. I suppose I'll start with Fun Friday. Just some fun snapshots of the kids being silly and me playing with the camera. Big Boy has entered the phase of silly faces. Thankfully he hasn't started doing this often as it wouldn't be that fun for all my pictures. Boopy, who of course has to do everything brother does, had to give her try at a silly face.

Boopy had to share her drink with her baby.

So that was our fun Friday night. Saturday's plan was for me to go take newborn baby pictures for a friend and then come home. The plan was then for Papa and me to take the kids to the zoo. Papa had to work at 4 so we figured there would be plenty of time. Well, my lack of brain function these days caused a cramp in the plans. I had gotten mixed up on days and thought 2nd cousin Jacob's 1st birthday party was on Sunday. Well, it turns out it was Saturday so I rushed home threw the kids in the car and we were off on the 45 minute trek to Merced!

Here's the birthday boy and Boopy looking cute.

GG & Boopy watching presents being opened and Big Boy & Boopy enjoying cotton candy.

After the party we went to GG's for a bit where I noticed Big Boy was rather warm. He obviously had a fever and was complaining he was cold. I wasn't too concerned, just figured I'd get him home, give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Well, not 5 minutes from GG's house and just onto the freeway Big Boy had a seizure. Ugh. It was dark, near 7 pm and just the kids and me. I pulled off the freeway, checked on Big Boy and got back in to drive. After calling GG, I called 911 and turned around on the freeway to head back into Merced. While talking to the 911 operator I pulled into a McDonald's and within moments the paramedics arrived with no sirens on. I had explained that my son had a history of seizures but this one was lasting longer than the others had. As I was on the phone with the operator, Big Boy started coming out of the seizure. Had the ambulance not been right around the corner, I probably would have told them not to come and that we were okay. Poor Boopy was really upset that the paramedics took her brother. She sat in the car at McDonald's calling for "Brother"! I told her that brother was in the big white truck and that he was okay. She then just waved and said "Hi Brother!".

Papa Vaughn's aunt then meet us at the hospital with GG. GG stayed with me and Aunt Dorane took my car and Boopy back to her house until we were cleared to leave the hospital. It was good to have them check him over at the hospital although we sat for far too long. Basically nothing was done at the hospital other than give Big Boy some Tylenol to get his fever down and then we watched him curl up and go to sleep. We were finally discharged some time after 10pm which put Boopy, Big Boy and me home after 11. A very loooooong evening. We put Big Boy in our room on his blow up bed to be able to watch him closer. By the morning his fever had broken and he was back to his usual silly self.

No comments: