Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fresno Fair Photo Contest - Results

Ah....nothing like the sweet taste of losing. No really, not a bad thing. I called this morning to make sure the pictures I entered were going to be displayed as I had not heard from anyone to come pick them up. I also asked if they could share the results of the judging. Upon review I was told that none of my entries placed. While I'd like to think it's truly not a big deal, as honestly I was really just hoping to have at least one entry displayed, I must admit a small part of me is a little disappointed. When you enter anything, anywhere or participate in any kind of competition there's always that chance that you could possibly win. At the same time, I'm really glad I decided to enter this year and really happy that I can go to the fair and proudly see my pictures up for all to see. That satisfaction of sharing my art with the world will be good enough to make this a pleasant experience. Besides, once I get the score card when I get my pictures back after the fair I will know better what the judges are looking for and can be better prepared for an entry next year!

So, if you are planning on going to the Fresno Fair which runs between Oct 3rd and Oct 17th, be sure to stop by the photo gallery and look for my submissions. As for the scrapbook page, I have no idea how it did. I figure that I will just wait until I go to the fair to see how it did. Thanks again to everyone for your help in selecting my entries!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gayle--you photos were beautiful. You could never be a "loser".

(I think I figured out how not to "anonymous")

Jeannine

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your entries accepted! I know it's disappointing that they didn't place, but the fact that they're being displaced is pretty awesome for your first time submitting, especially in light of the day-of-submission chaos!

Gayle said...

Thank you both for your kind comments! :) Aunt Jeannine, I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog! It's a nice way to stay in contact with you guys and keep you abreast of the Fresno Vaughn lives.