Friday, September 7, 2007

Moo-Drink!

Aunt Guya has officially ruined Big Boy and Boopy. When she watched them for me last weekend she introduced them to STARBUCKS! So now not only when I drive past fast food places, but when I drive by Starbucks, I get comments and begging from the backseat. Any time we go past a McDonald's, which yes we go to WAY too often for Mama's liking, I hear the request for a YUM. As it is this was bad enough, but now I'm hearing "Moo-Drink!". The nice thing, however, is that I now have some extra leverage for getting the good behavior I desperately want and need while running errands.

Take last night for example, a quick stop to Wal-mart was made much easier by enticing Big Boy with the idea that if he had good listening ears I would get him a "Moo-Drink". Except now all throughout the store I heard, "Moo-Drink?, Moo-Drink?" as if we were on a search and rescue mission for the long awaited for single serving Horizon Organic milk box that has a fun picture of a cow on it, hence it's Big Boy name, "Moo-Drink". After numerous explanations that "Moo-Drinks" weren't at Wal-mart and having done a good job with our listening ears, we made it out and on our way for a stop at Starbucks. Mind you, I really did need to stop there anyway for a gift certificate but the pleasure on their little faces would have been worth it by itself. As soon as the box chocolate milks were handed through the car window, squeals of excitement erupted from the back. Boopy especially was so excited that her arms and legs were just wrought with movement. I gave her a milk first then one to Big Boy and listened to the quiet slurping for most of the way home. So, in retrospect, thank you Guya for finding a way to give me a few peaceful moments!

No comments: